Table of Contents
Form TR-207 or the Michigan Bill of Sale form is a legal instrument suitable for using in the Michigan State during a sale of a non-titled trailer, non-titled watercraft, or a snowmobile. Typically, a seller of the non-titled watercraft, non-titled trailer, or a snowmobile requires preparing this form. However, both parties to the transaction require signing the form. In fact, remember that, all sellers and buyers need to sign the form on a separate line in case of a co-ownership.
The bill of sale must contain
- Accurate description of the non-titled trailer, non-titled watercraft, or a snowmobile
- Detailed information about the buyer
- Detailed information about the seller
- Date and amount of the sale
- Acknowledgment from the Weighmaster
However, remember that a bill of sale prepared using form TR-207 is an irrevocable instrument. It comes in force upon the signatures and delivery. Nevertheless, notary attestation for the seller’s signatures on the form is not mandatory unless the buyer or the State law requires it.
Further, the seller can use this form to declare the rightful and the legal transfer of the ownership of the non-titled trailer, non-titled watercraft, or a snowmobile as described in the form. In addition, the buyer can use this form as a receipt for the payment made to the seller and the proof of the ownership as well. Therefore, prepare the document carefully. Moreover, the seller requires giving one signed copy of the form to the buyer for the record.
How To Write: Michigan Bill of Sale Form
- Complete following steps to prepare form TR-207 accurately.
- Write the seller’s name on the first line of the form.
- Then select the type from the options non-titled trailer, non-titled watercraft, or a snowmobile. However, select only one correct option.
- Continue by providing the description like the year of manufacturing, make, serial and the registration number, year of the last decal, and the date of the sale.
- Then write buyer’s information like name and address.
- Write the selling price on the next line. Then enter seller’s address. The seller requires signing bill of sale in the space reserved for the same.
- Write empty scale weight, business name and address, and obtain the signature of the Weighmaster.
Free Michigan Bill of Sale Form - PDF Download
Prepare and deliver TR-207 or the Michigan Bill of Sale Form to a buyer of the non-titled trailer, non-titled watercraft, or a snowmobile in the Michigan State. However, remember that the seller requires signing the form before the delivery. Use this document to record the important aspects of the transaction. Moreover, as a seller, you can obtain the signature of the buyer on the form. Notary attestation of seller’s signature is not necessary for its execution, delivery, and legal standing.