Table of Contents
Firearm Bill Of Sale is a generic document designed to record a sale or purchase of a firearm or a concealed weapon between two parties. This form comprises important particulars of the transaction, firearm, buyer, and the seller. Some states do not mandate preparing a bill of sale during a private sale. However, legally documenting such transaction is crucial for both parties involved in the sale.
Important Considerations For You
- The seller sells the firearm/s listed in this form on as is terms. Therefore, it means the seller is not entitled to provide a warranty of any sort.
- The buyer requires carrying out a proper inspection of the firearm from a certified gunsmith prior to using it.
- Both the buyer and the seller agree to the terms and conditions of the sale once they sign and execute the bill of sale.
- This document is permanent in nature and irrevocable.
- The seller must describe the firearm accurately.
- The bill of sale must contain selling price, date of the sale, and information about the buyer and seller.
How To Write: Firearm Bill Of Sale
Writing this form is simple. Download the form; fill requested information, print, and sign in ink. Moreover, document requests information about the buyer, seller, firearm/s, and transaction. Therefore, both parties need to prepare it together for accuracy of the content. Follow the steps below to prepare the bill of sale for firearm/s.
- Read buyer’s certification in the first portion of the document carefully.
- Then the buyer requires entering print name and signing the form in acceptance.
- Continue by entering the information about the firearm like make, model, caliber, serial number, and selling price. Use a separate line to furnish particulars of each firearm in case the seller intends to use this form to sell more than one firearm.
- Provide information about the buyer like name, address, driving license number, concealed weapon license number, and contact number in the next portion of the document.
- Then the seller needs to provide particulars like name, address, driving license number, concealed weapon license number, and contact number on the right side of the form.
- Continue by entering the date of the sale.
- Specify additional conditions of the sale if any in the space provided for the same.
- The buyer must sign on the subsequent line.
- The seller must sign in ink to complete writing a bill of sale.
Free Firearm Bill Of Sale - PDF Download
Firearm Bill Of Sale is important document to record a sale or purchase of a firearm. This generic form is suitable for most of the states. Certain states do not require preparing a bill of sale for a privately held sale. However, prepare this legal instrument to protect the interest of both parties involved in the transaction. Make sure that this document contains information about the transaction, firearm/s, buyer, and the seller along with the signatures of both parties.