Table of Contents
Trailer Bill of Sale form is a generic template suitable to record the transaction particulars of a sale of a trailer. The document is irrevocable once the seller and the buyer sign to execute it. In addition, notary attestation of signatures on the form is not mandatory for its legal standing unless the state law mandates the same.
Important Considerations For A Seller
- The seller must duly sign the form and deliver a copy to the buyer.
- Write trailer description accurately.
- Avoid strikeouts, omissions, and errors.
- Prepare the form using black or blue ink only.
- Sign before a notary public in case notary attestation of your signature on the form is compulsory.
Important Considerations For A Buyer
- Make sure to obtain one duly signed copy from the seller.
- A bill of sale is a proof of your new ownership of the trailer.
- Additionally, this form also serves as a receipt for the payment made to the seller.
- Make sure to sign before a notary public in case the notary attestation of your signature on the form is compulsory.
- Prepare this form together with the seller. Further, make sure that all sellers sign the form separately in case of co-ownership of the trailer.
Important Considerations About The Transaction
- Enter detailed description of the trailer to identify the same properly.
- Write total sale amount in US dollars.
- The bill of sale must contain the date of the sale and delivery.
- All parties to the transaction must sign the form separately.
How To Write: Trailer Bill of Sale Form
Preparing the bill of sale is simple. Provide following information in the requested fields to continue.
- Write the full name and address of the buyer on the first line of the form.
- Then write the date of sale and delivery on the next line.
- You need to enter the total purchase price in US dollars.
- The next portion of the bill of sale requires information about the trailer. Therefore, write the make, year of manufacturing, empty weight of the trailer, identification number, and license plate number on the respective lines.
- The seller must date and sign the form.
- The buyer must date and sign the form.
Free Trailer Bill of Sale Form - PDF Download
Trailer Bill of Sale form is an important document for a seller and a buyer of a trailer as it records various important particulars of the sale / purchase transaction. A trailer is necessary to transfer vehicles, boats, or other large items. It has identification and license plate number. Make sure to mention these numbers and sign the form to execute it. Remember that notary acknowledgment for signatures is not necessary unless the state law mandates the same.