Table of Contents
General Bill of Sale Form is a generic template intended to record a sale or purchase transaction. Any individual or organization entering into a transaction can use this form. In addition, you may choose to amend the document to meet your tailored requirements of the transaction.
Typically, the transaction particulars vary with the merchandise or commodity. However, certain particulars are common. Therefore, you as a seller must ensure to mention following information in a bill of sale.
- Describe the commodity or merchandise on sale very accurately and descriptively.
- Then specify information about the transaction like selling price and date of sale.
- Remember to enter information about the purchaser and the seller.
- Both parties need to sign a bill of sale for mutually agreeing to the terms of sale.
In addition, preparing a bill of sale is necessary for various reasons. Certain considerations are
- A bill of sale documents a transaction legally.
- It offers proof of ownership for the purchaser.
- It also serves as a receipt for the payment made by the purchaser to the seller.
- Preparing bill of sale is necessary for the seller to declare the change of ownership. In fact, this is very necessary during a sale of a motor vehicle or vessel as the seller can remain away from the liability of the consequences due to improper use by the purchaser.
- Bill of sale is a crucial document during registration or title transfer.
How To Write: General Bill of Sale Form
Writing a general form of the bill of sale is very simple when you remember the essentials necessary for documenting the transaction in the correct manner. Here are the steps to write this instrument accurately and in its entirety.
- Enter date of the sale on the first line.
- Provide information about the seller like print name, address, home, cell, and work phone number on the respective lines.
- Enter information about the purchaser like print name, address, home, cell, and work phone number on the respective lines.
- Then describe the merchandise or the commodity in detail. You may attach supporting documents to the bill of sale for more information about the item.
- Continue by entering the total agreed sale amount.
- You need to specify the payment mode on the next line.
- The seller must date and sign the form.
- The buyer must date and sign the form.
Free General Bill of Sale Form - PDF Download
Use General Bill of Sale Form to document a sale/purchase transaction between two parties. This document notes the particulars of the transaction and the parties. In addition, this legal instrument is irrevocable and legally binding on both parties. This is a generic template of a bill of sale suitable in all states for recording transactions of all types of merchandise and commodities. However, you may choose to revise the document to meet state, product, or transaction specific requirements.