Table of Contents
VP 104 or the Nevada Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale is a document to record the transaction particulars of a private party, gifts, or family sales of a motor vehicle in compliance to NRS 482.426. Moreover, Nevada DMV mandates preparing this form for the seller.
Considerations For A Seller
- The seller requires giving following documents to the buyer during a sale.
- Duly endorsed title
- Bill of sale in VP 104 form
- VP 188 or the Trustee Appointment and Powers Affidavit in case of vehicle registration to a family trust
Nevada State law does not permit
- Selling a vehicle on an empty lot
- Subleasing or arrangement comprising a takeover payment
- Sale of three personal vehicles in a year
- Sale of salvage vehicle without rebuilt endorsement on the title
Further, the seller requires keeping the license plates. Hence, he or she can use them in any other vehicle. Alternately, the seller may surrender these plates to the DMV for cancellation.
However, the seller can request the transfer of the plates to the buyer by filing license plate release request in SP67 form. Similarly, a seller can file Lost, Stolen, or Mutilated License Plate Affidavit in form VP 202 in case the plates go with the vehicle sold.
Considerations For A Buyer
- Ensure that the title has proper endorsement
- The title is free from liens and loans
- Complete history check on the vehicle
- Register the vehicle with DMV
- Following documents required during registration – Title, Insurance Card, Emission Inspection Report, VIN Inspection, and Vehicle Registration Application in form VP 222
- The buyer may pay registration fees and other charges by cash, check, money order, or credit cards.
How To Write: Nevada Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale
The form is interactive. Fill requested information online and print for signatures. Complete following steps to proceed.
- Write the sale amount in words and figure.
- Write buyer’s name and address in the requested format. Then, select between and / or during the co-ownership.
- Enter Nevada Driver’s License, ID Card Number, Date of Birth, or FEIN.
- Write physical address for a business.
- Then the buyer must date and sign the form. Further, write buyer’s phone number and email address.
- Provide information about the vehicle like VIN, year, make, and model.
- Select if the vehicle is rebuilt.
- Then write none in case of no lien or provide lien holder’s information like name and address.
- Continue by writing seller’s name and address in the required format.
- Then write seller’s Nevada Driver License, ID Card Number, Date of Birth, or FEIN.
- The seller must date and sign the form.
Free Nevada Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale - PDF Download
Use VP 104 or the Nevada Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale to record the particulars of a sale of a motor vehicle as a private party sale, gift, or family sales. The form complies with the requirements specified in the NRS 482.426. The seller requires preparing form VP 104 and give a copy to the buyer along with the other documents.