Table of Contents
VSD 658 or Illinois Junk Vehicle Bill of Sale Form is a legal instrument issued by the Secretary of State of the Vehicle Services Department, Illinois. Accidents, floods, and occurrence of various other events cause serious damage to a motor vehicle. The costs of repairs are much higher than the actual vehicle cost in that case. Such vehicles are declared salvage and then are disposed accordingly. Use this bill of sale along with a certificate of final disposal of the vehicle. Alternately, this means that the vehicle title is endorsed as junk certificate and the vehicle is off the road forever. However, a vehicle rebuilder can carry out necessary repairs, request inspection, and obtain fitness certificate to use the vehicle again.
However, a Secretary of the State Police must physically inspect a salvage vehicle according to the Illinois Vehicle Code 625 ILCS 5/3-301. Such inspection centers are available at Villa Park, Springfield, and Belleville. Therefore, the owner of the salvage or junk vehicle must complete the registration process in line with the requirements of the law. In addition, the buyer needs to pay the inspection and title fee to the Secretary of the State. Use form VSD 658 to sell a junk vehicle to salvage yard or a vehicle rebuilder in all counties of the Illinois State.
How To Write: VSD 658 or Illinois Junk Vehicle Bill of Sale Form
Prepare two copies of the form and deliver one copy to the purchaser along with the ownership of the vehicle. Make sure that both parties involved in the transaction sign the form. Notary attestation of the signatures on the form is not necessary.
- Enter the seller’s full name as it appears on the title on the first line of form VSD 658.
- Then enter the address of the seller.
- Write the name of the purchaser on the next line.
- Next portion of the bill of sale requests information about the motor vehicle. Write vehicle particulars like year of manufacturing, make, model, and vehicle identification number.
- Then write the final sale amount on the next line.
- The seller requires signing the form.
- The purchaser requires signing the form.
- Write the date of preparing and delivering the bill of sale or form VSD 658.
Free Illinois Junk Vehicle Bill of Sale Form - PDF Download
The Secretary of State of the Vehicle Services Department, Illinois requires preparing VSD 658 or Illinois Junk Vehicle Bill of Sale Form during the sale of a junk vehicle to a vehicle rebuilder or salvage yard. This form requests input about the junk vehicle, seller, and the purchaser. In addition, remember that the Illinois Vehicle Code 625 ILCS 5/3-301 mandates the inspection of such vehicle from the Secretary of the State Police. Such inspection centers are available at Villa Park, Springfield, and Belleville.