Table of Contents
MV24 or the Montana Vehicle Bill of Sale Form is an instrument to record a sale / purchase transaction between a seller and a buyer. Nevertheless, preparing this document is necessary to comply with the guidelines outlined by the Montana Motor Vehicle Division.
- Do not alter the form in any manner to avoid rejection by the authorities of the Montana county and state.
- Use form MV24 while selling a motor vehicle or a boat in Montana State.
- The buyer must produce proof of identity among the options like DL, FEIN, Tribal ID, or a Corp ID and write the ID number on the form.
- Specify information about lien on the vehicle or boat if any.
- Complete the form in its entirety by providing detailed information about the vehicle, seller, buyer, and transaction like date and amount of sale.
The buyer needs to provide following documents during the registration and title transfer.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement
- Form MV100 or the Statement of Fact
- Proof of the Insurance according to the Statute 6-6-301
- MV24 or the Montana Vehicle Bill of Sale
- Check to remit fees
Therefore, always remember to prepare the bill of sale and get a duly signed copy of the same. In addition, the seller signs the form under penalty of law according to MCA 45-7-203, Unsworn Falsification to Authorities. Therefore, provide all requested information accurately.
How To Write: MV24 or the Montana Vehicle Bill of Sale Form
Form MV24 is interactive. Therefore, you can enter the requested information online, verify, and print the form. Then, sign the form. Complete following steps to proceed.
- Enter the final sale amount in words and figure.
- Then, write buyer’s name, address, and ID proof number on the respective lines.
- Provide vehicle description like year, make, model, body style, VIN/HIN as applicable, and license number.
- Select if salvage vehicle and the sale is only for parts by marking the correct option.
- Select if the vehicle / boat is free from lien or provide information about the lien holder like name and address.
- The seller requires entering the print name, date, and sign the form.
Free Montana Vehicle Bill of Sale Form - PDF Download
Montana Motor Vehicle Division and the authorities of the Montana county and state mandate making MV24 or the Montana Vehicle Bill of Sale Form during the sale of a motor vehicle or a boat. The seller requires preparing the form and giving a duly signed copy to the buyer. This legal instrument is important for a buyer as it is the base for computing the taxes for the buyer. Do not alter form MV24 in any manner to avoid rejection.