Table of Contents
Arizona MVD requires preparing a state-specific bill of sale during the sale of a motor vehicle and the buyer and seller require Arizona Vehicle Bill of Sale Form 48-2004. This one-page form requires various inputs from the seller. A seller needs providing
- Accurate and detailed motor vehicle description
- Information about the buyer
- Information about the seller
- Amount of the sale
- Date of the sale
- Notary acknowledgment for signatures on the form
What Is The Purpose Of Preparing A Bill Of Sale?
MVD Arizona does not require a bill of sale during the transfer of the title although preparing it is very necessary due to various reasons. Moreover, the sold notice sent to MVD Arizona serves the purpose. However, here are some factors explaining the purpose of preparing this form.
For Buyer: This form is a multifaceted tool for a buyer. It helps in establishing the ownership of the buyer once the sale is complete. In addition, this document has space for mentioning the sale price and date. Therefore, it serves as a receipt for the payment made to the seller.
For Seller: A bill of sale helps a seller to relieve from the liability of the motor vehicle once it is sold to the buyer. The document has the date of sale to confirm the vehicle ownership transfer. Similarly, a seller can insist for the buyer’s signature on the form 48-2004 to affirm that the sale occurred mutually.
How To Write: Arizona Vehicle Bill of Sale Form
Download and print form 48-2004. Then enter the requested information and sign in ink. The seller and / or the buyer must sign before a notary public of Arizona State or MVD Agent and obtain the acknowledgment on the form. Complete these simple steps to prepare this bill of sale accurately.
- Enter vehicle identification number or VIN
- Then specify make, year of manufacturing, and body style of the vehicle
- Continue by writing the sale date and payment amount in US dollars
- Enter buyer’s name, mailing address, driver license number, and date of birth
- The buyer may choose to sign the form in affirmation to a mutual sale
- Enter seller’s name, mailing address, driver license number, and date of birth
- The seller must sign the form in the space reserved for the same
- Obtain acknowledgment from MVD Agent or a notary public of Arizona State
Free Arizona Vehicle Bill of Sale Form - PDF Download
Arizona Vehicle Bill of Sale Form is an important instrument necessary for recording a sale of a motor vehicle. However, remember that the form 48-2004 or the bill of sale must contain date and amount of sale, particulars of the motor vehicle, information about the buyer, and seller, and notary acknowledgment as well. In addition, remember that Arizona State requires a duly prepared and approved bill of sale.