Table of Contents
Article 42, Vehicles and Traffic of the Colorado Revised Statutes has detailed guidelines about the essentials of the Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale. In addition, a buyer or seller of a motor vehicle in Colorado State requires this bill of sale instrument for various reasons like
- To legally transfer the ownership of the vehicle
- To document a mutually agreed sale transaction
- To establish the proof of the ownership of the vehicle
- To drive this vehicle under the conditions pursuant to Colorado Revised Statutes § 42-3-115(2)
However, it is necessary to carry valid insurance proof while driving the vehicle. A bill of sale must contain
- Name and address of seller and buyer
- Vehicle description
- Date, time, and amount of the sale
- Seller and buyer’s signatures
Please remember that you need to prepare a bill of sale in line with the requirements of Colorado Revised Statutes. Moreover, it requires mentioning the date and time of sale on the bill of sale instrument. Therefore, download, print, and prepare this form accordingly. In addition, the seller requires handing over a duly signed copy of the bill of sale to the buyer once the sale is complete.
How To Write: Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale
Preparing the document is simple. However, it is ideal that both parties prepare it together for accuracy of the information. Download the form, print, and fill requested particulars. In addition, you need to verify the content before signing and executing the sale as this document is perpetual in nature and is irrevocable. Therefore, complete following steps to prepare this legal instrument in its entirety.
- Begin by entering the sale amount in US dollars
- Then enter the name of the buyer
- The next line requires furnishing the buyer’s address
- Continue by providing vehicle information like the year of manufacturing, make, and model. In addition, you need to furnish VIN or vehicle identification number on the next line.
- The seller must enter date and time of sale and sign the form
- The buyer must enter date and time of sale and sign the form
Free Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale - PDF Download
Prepare Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale pursuant to the Article 42, Vehicles and Traffic of the Colorado Revised Statutes while selling or buying a motor vehicle in Colorado State. This form is necessary for both signing parties. However, make sure to enter the date, time, and amount of the sale along with the information about signing parties, vehicle, and signatures on the form.