Table of Contents
Minnesota Vehicle Bill of Sale is a legal instrument governed by the laws of the Minnesota State. In addition, this document records various aspects of a transaction when a seller and a buyer enter into a sale. However, remember that a bill of sale is irrevocable instrument when signed, executed, and delivered. Moreover, the seller requires preparing it in its entirety and both the seller and the buyer must sign this form in conformity to the transaction. Additionally, a witness must attest the signatures on the form.
Prior To Proceeding
- This form serves as a proof of ownership of the vehicle for the purchaser. Therefore, make sure to specify accurate information about the buyer.
- The buyer of the motor vehicle requires this bill of sale during the title transfer and registration for computing the taxes. Therefore, write the amount and the date of the sale accurately.
- The seller legally transfers the ownership of the motor vehicle to the buyer using this form. In addition, the seller may require filing a notice of the sale with the county DMV office to declare the transfer of the ownership of the motor vehicle.
- The seller and the buyer must prepare the form together and sign before a witness. However, ensure to furnish the description and other information about the motor vehicle accurately in the requested sections of the form.
- The form has provision for the seller to retain a part of the down payment towards the expenses in case the buyer fails to complete the sale.
- Similarly, the seller permits the buyer to carry out an inspection of the vehicle within the prescribed days from an independent mechanic.
How To Write: Minnesota Vehicle Bill of Sale
This generic template of a bill of sale is compliant with the laws of the Minnesota State. However, you may need to amend it to meet the local, city, or county laws. Complete following steps to prepare this legal instrument accurately.
- Enter the sale amount in dollars.
- Then write the seller’s name.
- Continue by entering the buyer’s name.
- Furnish vehicle description like make, series, year, color, VIN, body style, odometer reading, and title number on the respective lines.
- Enter the down payment amount. Then write the permissible duration for making the full payment.
- Enter the number of days allotted to the buyer for vehicle inspection.
- Then write the deductible amount.
- Enter the date of signing the form.
- The seller must sign before a witness.
- The buyer must sign before a witness.
- Obtain witness attestation on the form.
Free Minnesota Vehicle Bill of Sale - PDF Download
Minnesota Vehicle Bill of Sale is a legal instrument intended to record the crucial aspect of a motor vehicle sale. This document also serves as a proof of ownership for the buyer. Prepare this irrevocable instrument carefully and obtain witness attestation on the form. Give one copy of the signed form to the buyer for the record.