Table of Contents
A seller of a motor vehicle in the Maine State requires preparing the Maine Vehicle Bill of Sale to record the transaction. This document has provision to specify all imperative aspects of the transaction. In addition, it also declares a mutual transaction. A duly signed and delivered bill of sale declares
- Mutual completion of a transaction
- Actual date of sale and the transfer of the ownership of the vehicle from the seller to the buyer
- Receipt for the payment made by the buyer to the seller
- Final sale amount necessary for computation of taxes for the buyer during registration and title transfer
In addition, both the seller and the buyer require signing this legal instrument. The seller must give one duly signed copy to the buyer during the delivery.
Important Considerations Before Proceeding
- The buyer requires a bill of sale during registration and title transfer. Therefore, do not forget to prepare this document.
- This form is suitable for using in all counties of the Maine State. Moreover, you need not necessarily obtain a notary attestation for signatures on the form for its execution and legal standing.
- Write accurate information about the motor vehicle, seller, buyer, and the transaction like the final sale amount or date of sale and delivery in the requested fields.
- Write the actual odometer reading on the form.
- Remember that the seller offers the motor vehicle in as is condition without warranty of any sort. However, the buyer retains the right of vehicle inspection from a third party professional before completing the sale.
How To Write: Maine Vehicle Bill of Sale
Preparing the bill of sale is easy. Download the form, print, and prepare it together with the buyer. Further, ensure that all sellers and buyers sign the form on a separate line in case of a co-ownership of the vehicle. Complete following steps to proceed.
- Write seller’s name on the first line to start.
- Then write seller’s address.
- Continue by writing the name of the county on the next line.
- Write final sale amount in words and figure.
- Then enter the date of sale and delivery.
- Write buyer’s name and address.
- Specify the name of the county of the Maine State.
- Provide vehicle information like make, year, model, VIN, odometer reading, and type of body in the respective boxes.
- Then write the odometer reading again on the next line.
- Write the purchase price in words and figure.
- The seller must sign after entering print name.
- The buyer must sign after entering print name.
- Write the name of the county of the Maine State.
Free Maine Vehicle Bill of Sale - PDF Download
Prepare Maine Vehicle Bill of Sale while selling a motor vehicle in any of the counties of the Maine State. Write detailed information in all requested fields to prepare this legal instrument in its entirety. Remember that this instrument is irrevocable once signed and does not need notary attestation for its legal standing or execution. Make sure that all parties to the transaction sign the form. Give one signed copy to the buyer.