Table of Contents
Form 250-14-10 or the Oregon Vessel Bill of Sale is in line with the requirements prescribed by the Oregon State Marine Board. Moreover, this form has provision to document various particulars of a transaction involving a sale of a vessel. Further, refer to Volume 17 of 2015 ORS for provisions about making a bill of sale.
Important Facts Requiring Your Attention
- Submitting form 250-14-10 during the registration and title transfer is compulsory.
- The buyer must apply for title transfer within 30 days of the date of sale.
- Submit the original Certificate of Title duly signed off by the seller during the registration.
- Use Lost Boat Title application in case the original title is lost or not available.
- Submit original lien release certificate in case of a lien on the vessel.
- Submit this bill of sale along with Boat Title and Registration Application in form 250-R07.
- Contact registration agent for registration of the vessel.
Bill of Sale Must Contain
- Accurate vessel information including certificate number assigned by the state, HIN, manufacture name, and model of the vessel
- Information about seller and signature of the seller; additionally, each seller must sign on a separate line in case of the co-ownership of the vessel
- Detailed information about the purchaser
- Particulars of the lien holder if any
- Accurate information about the transaction like amount and date of the sale
How To Write: Oregon Vessel Bill of Sale
Prepare the bill of sale in its entirety by providing following information in the requested fields.
- Write the state assigned certificate of number to begin.
- Then enter the model and year of manufacturing the vessel.
- Further, write the name of the manufacturer.
- Continue by entering the hull identification number or HIN.
- Then enter the printed name of the seller. Moreover, the seller must date and sign the bill of sale. Similarly, all co-sellers need to enter printed name, date, and sign the form separately. Further, sellers declare that the vessel is free from lien by signing the form.
- Write buyer’s name in the required manner.
- Continue by writing the address of the buyer on the respective lines. Then, write names of the co-buyers on a separate line if any.
Free Oregon Vessel Bill of Sale - PDF Download
Use Form 250-14-10 or the Oregon Vessel Bill of Sale to document the important aspects of a sale / purchase transaction. This form has spaces for input about the vessel, seller, and buyer. However, all sellers and buyers must enter the information and sign on a separate line in the case of existing or new co-ownership of the vessel. Contact the registration agent’s office for registration of the boat within 30 days of the date of the sale.