Table of Contents
Idaho Vehicle Bill of Sale Form or ITD 3738 is legal instrument released by the Idaho Transportation Department to facilitate real-time documentation of a sale of a motor vehicle. A seller of a motor vehicle can use this form in all Idaho States. However, do not forget to prepare it in its entirety by providing accurate particulars of the vehicle, buyer, and seller.
Important Considerations For You As A Seller
- Form ITD 3738 is irrevocable legal instrument and it protects you from undue liabilities after the sale.
- You must mention odometer reading accurately along with the discrepancy if any.
- Obtain buyer’s signature in confirmation to a mutual sale.
- Provide detailed information about the vehicle, motor homes, doublewide mobile home, and manufactured homes including additional VIN if any.
- Notary acknowledgment for signatures on the form is not necessary for its legal standing or execution.
- Give one duly signed copy of the bill of sale to a buyer.
How To Write: Idaho Vehicle Bill of Sale Form
Download the form ITD 3738. Enter requested information and print the form. You and the buyer must sign in ink. However, make sure to provide all requested particulars and avoid strikeouts. Following steps show how to write the bill of sale accurately.
- Begin by providing information about the motor vehicle. Write first or main VIN or HIN of the vehicle.
- Then write the title number in the next space.
- Enter second VIN for motor homes, doublewide mobile home, and manufactured homes if any.
- Then select the correct brand from options Rebuilt Salvage, Reconstruct, Previous Brand, Repaired, or specify other if any.
- Enter odometer reading. Continue by selecting the correct option to declare discrepancy if any.
- Then enter information about the seller like full and legal print name, physical address, and mailing address in case it is different from the physical address. Then enter a daytime phone number. Complete this portion by entering sale price and date.
- Then enter information about the buyer like full and legal print name, number of the Driver’s license issued in Idaho or SSN / EIN as identity proof, physical address, and mailing address in case it is different from the physical address. Then enter a daytime phone number.
- Enter lien holder’s name and address if any.
- Both seller and buyer must sign the form.
Free Idaho Vehicle Bill of Sale Form - PDF Download
Idaho Transportation Department issues form ITD 3738 or Idaho Vehicle Bill of Sale Form to facilitate recording a sale of a motor vehicle along with motor homes, doublewide mobile home, and manufactured homes if any. However, prepare this irrevocable instrument with care. Do not forget to mention detailed information about vehicle, seller, and buyer. The seller requires giving one signed copy of the bill of sale to a buyer.