Table of Contents
MVT 32-13B or Alabama Abandoned Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale is a legal instrument. However, it is suitable only during the transfer of ownership of an abandoned motor vehicle. Refer to the Title 32, Chapter 13 of the 1975 Alabama Code for statutory requirements for such sale. Additionally, refer to Section 32-13-1 of the 1975 Alabama Code for detailed description of an abandoned motor vehicle.
Please remember to
- Provide information about the motor vehicle accurately
- Furnish particulars of the notices of the sale in requested fields
- Specify particulars of the net proceeds
- Provide information about the buyer and the seller in the requested fields
- Acquire acknowledgment from a notary public of Alabama State on the document
How To Prepare: Alabama Abandoned Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale
Moreover, this form requires input about the motor vehicle, notices of the sale, net proceeds, buyer, and seller. In addition, sign before a notary public and acquire notary acknowledgment on the form. Therefore, follow these steps to prepare this bill of sale for abandoned motor vehicles in a few minutes.
Abandoned Motor Vehicle Description
- Enter vehicle identification number in the first box
- Then specify the year of manufacturing
- Provide make of the vehicle in the next box
- Specify the model of the vehicle
- Enter date of abandonment of the motor vehicle
- Enter the date of the sale on the next line
- Give particulars about the sale location
Notice Of The Sale And Abandoned Vehicle Record Request Response
- Specify the name of the newspaper or courthouse posting
- Then enter the date of first publication of the notice; however, remember that this date must be 30 days before the date of the sale
- Enter the date of second publication of the notice; however, remember that this date must be one week from the date of first publication of the notice
- Then select the appropriate choice from two options to declare the status of request response for the abandoned vehicle record
- Specify the amounts in the requested fields as follows
- Sale price
- Repair expenses
- Towing charges
- Storage expenses
- Other charges and expenses; specify the other charges in detail
- The total amount deducted from the sale price
- Net sale balance
Pay net sale balance to the licensing official of the county and obtain a receipt for the same. Moreover, you need to enclose the receipt copy along with the bill of sale form as well.
- Name of the buyer
- Address of the buyer
- Seller’s signature
- Name of the seller
- Address of the seller
- Date, name, seal, and signature of a notary public are necessary for the acknowledgment.
Free Alabama Abandoned Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale - PDF Download
You need to prepare Alabama Abandoned Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale during the sale of an abandoned motor vehicle. Title 32, Chapter 13 of the 1975 Alabama Code describes the statutory requirements for such a sale. Additionally, refer to Section 32-13-1 of the 1975 Alabama Code for detailed description of an abandoned motor vehicle.