Table of Contents
State of Law of Maine mandates preparing a Maine Trailer Bill of Sale for the registration of a motor vehicle and / or a trailer weighing more than 3000 lbs. Further, such vehicles or trailers are titled based on the description in the bill of sale.
Use this legal instrument to document every imperative aspect of a sale / purchase transaction. Moreover, you can use this form in all counties of Maine State. However, the document does not request notary attestation of signatures on the form.
The seller needs to prepare this form along with the buyer. All sellers require signing the form on a separate line in case of a co-ownership of the trailer. In addition, write the name of a business if applicable specifically on the first line of the form.
- Remember to provide accurate information about the seller, the buyer, and the trailer.
- Specify the date of sale and delivery in the bill of sale.
- Mention the final sale amount in US dollars.
- Write buyer’s date of birth in case, an individual buys the trailer from the seller.
- The seller must date and sign this form. Then, give one duly signed copy of the form to the buyer.
How To Write: Maine Trailer Bill of Sale
Download this bill of sale form. Print and write the requested information in ink. The seller must sign the form in ink. Further, ensure that the buyer gets a duly signed copy of the bill of sale from the seller. Complete these simple steps to prepare this legal instrument accurately in its entirety.
- Begin by typing the name of the seller.
- Then write the name of the business of the seller if any or leave blank otherwise.
- Continue by providing the detailed physical address of the seller.
- Write the final sale amount in US dollars on the next line.
- Then specify buyer’s name.
- Continue by writing name of buyer’s business if any.
- Then specify detailed physical address of the buyer.
- Write buyer’s phone number.
- You need to write buyer’s date of birth in case the buyer is an individual. Leave blank if selling the trailer to an organization.
- Enter particulars of the trailer like the year of manufacturing, color, empty weight, GV weight, make, style, and VIN on the respective lines.
- Then the seller must date and sign the form and give one copy to the buyer.
Free Maine Trailer Bill of Sale - PDF Download
Maine Trailer Bill of Sale is a legal instrument intended to document a sale / purchase transaction between a seller and a buyer. Use this form while selling a trailer in any of the counties of the Maine State. In addition, provide requested information carefully, sign the form, and give one signed copy to the buyer for the record.