Table of Contents
A snowmobile bill of sale is a legal document used by a snowmobile owner to transfer the ownership of the vehicle to a buyer in a sales transaction. Once signed, the new owner (buyer) can use the document to register the snowmobile with the local DMV office.
Besides the fact that the snowmobile bill of sale is vital to the parties involved in the transaction, government also considers the document to be important because it helps government track sales of recreational vehicles for the purpose of tax collection.
Generally, the snowmobile bill of sale contains information such as the following: names and addresses of the sellers and buyers, date on which the sale took place, the make and model of the vehicle, the identification number of the vehicle, the purchased price, dealer (in case the purchase is made from a dealer), tax identification number, and an authorized signature of the dealer, signatures of both buyer and seller.
How to Prepare a Snowmobile Bill of Sale
- Step 1: The seller enters his name
- Step 2: Enter the vehicle registration number (VIN) of the vehicle followed by the year of manufacture
- Step 3: Enter the name of the manufacturer of the vehicle followed by the year of manufacture
- Step 4: Enter the body style of the vehicle followed by its model.
- Step 5: Enter the name of the buyer
- Step 6: Enter the total purchase price
- Step 7: Enter the odometer reading followed by the date on which the reading was taken
- Step 8: The seller appends his signature
- Step 9: The seller enters his name beneath his signature
- Step 10: The seller writes his residential address
- Step 11: The seller writes the name of his city of residence
- Step 12: The seller enters the name of his state of residence followed by his zip code
- Step 13: The buyer appends his signature
- Step 14: The buyer enters his name beneath his signature
- Step 15: The buyer writes his residential address
- Step 16: The buyers write the name of his city of residence
- Step 17: The buyer enters the name of his state of residence followed by his zip code
Free Snowmobile Bill of Sale Form - PDF Download
The snowmobile bill of sale is usually designed to document any of the varieties of cases in which the vehicle is sold. The bill of sale documents whether the vehicle is purchased as brand new from a dealer or if it is bought from a dealer as a used vehicle or if it is purchased from a private owner.
Using a snowmobile bill of sale helps the seller and buyer of a snowmobile document the sales transaction in writing and protects their rights. The bill is also invaluable in helping the parties involved in the transaction sort out their tax and accounting obligations. In addition, the new buyer can use the document to register the vehicle without any hassles.