Table of Contents
Louisiana Movable Bill of Sale Form is a legal instrument intended to record a sale of movable property or a motor vehicle. This form declares a mutual sale / purchase transaction between a seller and a buyer. However, please remember that both the seller and the buyer must appear before a notary public in Louisiana State to obtain attestation of their signatures on the form. In addition, all sellers and buyers must appear before a notary public to sign the form in case of a co-ownership. They must sign on a separate line.
Points To Remember Before Proceeding
- The seller or the sellers are the only rightful title owners.
- The buyer must register and request a title transfer immediately after the sale is complete.
- The seller must submit a notice of the sale to the county office of the DMV immediately once the sale is complete and the movable property mentioned in the bill of sale is transferred to the buyer.
- Both signing parties require preparing this form together and obtain the notary acknowledgment.
- The seller requires giving one duly signed and attested copy to the buyer.
How To Write: Louisiana Movable Bill of Sale Form
Download the form and print. Then, write requested information in ink. Further, take the form to the notary public for signatures. Follow these simple steps to write this legal instrument accurately.
- Begin by entering the name of the parish.
- Then enter the seller’s name on the next line. This name must match with the name on the title.
- Write the buyer’s name on the next line. You must take adequate care to write buyer’s name that requires appearing on the title.
- Then describe the movable property in detail. You need to write make, model name, year of manufacturing, and VIN or vehicle identification number.
- Then, write the final sale price in US dollars.
- Continue by entering the date of sale and delivery on the next line.
- Then write the date of signing and executing the bill of sale.
- The seller requires signing before a notary public.
- The buyer requires signing before a notary public.
- Obtain notary attestation in the space reserved for the same.
Free Louisiana Movable Bill of Sale Form - PDF Download
Louisiana Movable Bill of Sale Form is a legal instrument valid for documenting a sale / purchase transaction in Louisiana State. This mutual transaction between a seller and a buyer has various aspects and this document records them all. Obtaining notary attestation for signatures on the form is mandatory for its execution and legal standing. The seller must give a duly signed and notarized copy of the bill of sale to the buyer.