Table of Contents
Form 44237 or the Indiana Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale is a template issued by the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles. This instrument records the particulars of a sale of a motor vehicle or a watercraft. Individuals, organizations, and car dealers can prepare a bill of sale using the form 44237. However, make sure to use black or blue ink to write the form. Alternately, you can print it once all information is furnished. The buyer of the vehicle requires duly prepared and signed form 44237 during the title transfer and registration along with
- Title transfer from previous owner
- Odometer disclosure in form 4323
- State approved proof of identification
- Insurance card
- Payment of tax and fee for title transfer
- Form 1940 or power of attorney in case the buyer wants someone else to represent him or her at the office of the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles
In addition, remember that you can use form 44237 in case you are presenting the motor vehicle to someone close as a gift. However, you need to endorse the relationship and mention sale value on the bill of sale.
How To Write: Form 44237 or Indiana Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale
Download the form, enter the requested information, verify the content of the form, and print for signatures. However, remember that both parties must sign the form to execute it. Give one signed copy to the purchaser. Prepare this bill of sale in following three steps.
Step 1: Information About Motor Vehicle Or Watercraft
- Begin by entering the VIN or HIN in case of a watercraft.
- Then specify the year of manufacturing, make, model, and registration number of the vehicle or watercraft.
Step 2: Information About The Transaction
- Enter final sale price.
- Then write the date of sale.
- Enter the full name of the purchaser.
- You need to write purchaser’s detailed physical address.
Step 3: Signatures
- The seller must date and sign the form.
- The buyer must date and sign the form.
- Make sure that each seller or buyer signs the form on a separate line in case of co-ownership.
Free Indiana Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale - PDF Download
Use form 44237 or the Indiana Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale while selling a motor vehicle or a watercraft in Indiana State. Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles offers this instrument in addition to form 4323 and 1940. Prepare this form in its entirety and give a copy of the signed document to the purchaser. In addition, you need to specify accurate information about the vehicle or watercraft along with the particulars of the purchaser and the seller. Nevertheless, you need to submit the notice of sale to Indiana BMV immediately once the sale is final.