Table of Contents
Department of Motor Vehicles, Kentucky requires preparing a bill of sale while selling or buying a motor vehicle and the Kentucky Generic Bill of Sale Form serves the same purpose. This generic form is suitable for using in all counties of Kentucky State to record a transaction for cash or trade. Any resident individual or organization can use this document. In addition, a car dealer can use this form using a power of attorney issued by the original motor vehicle owner.
A bill of sale is an irrevocable legal instrument. Therefore, preparing it in line with the requirements of the Kentucky State law and DMV is very necessary for its legal standing. Seller must prepare this form and deliver it to the buyer. However, both parties require signing the instrument to execute it. Notary attestation of signatures on the form is necessary. Therefore, sign before a notary public of Kentucky State in your county.
The form must comprise
- Date of the sale / purchase / delivery
- Final purchase amount
- Information about the seller / vehicle owner
- Information about the buyer
- Particulars of the vehicle
- Signatures of all parties involved in the transaction, use a separate line for each seller or buyer in case of a co-ownership
In addition, you can use this generic template to record a transaction when a seller presents the motor vehicle to someone close as a gift. However, make sure to specify the relationship and mention the sale amount on the form. It is necessary for computation of taxes for the buyer during the registration and title transfer.
How To Write: Kentucky Generic Bill of Sale Form
- Begin by writing the date of the sale and delivery.
- Then write seller’s name, driving license number, and address.
- Continue by entering buyer’s name, driving license number, and address.
- The next portion of the bill of sale requires furnishing information about the motor vehicle. Write year of manufacturing, make, engine size, model, color, VIN, state title number, and odometer reading on the respective lines. Specify the type of odometer reading by selecting one option out of three.
- Mention any known defects in the motor vehicle.
- Then write the vehicle price in US dollars.
- The seller must enter print name, date, and sign the form before a notary public.
- The buyer must enter print name, date, and sign the form before a notary public.
- Obtain notary attestation in the space reserved for the same.
Free Kentucky Generic Bill of Sale Form - PDF Download
Kentucky Generic Bill of Sale Form is a legal instrument issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles, Kentucky to document a sale of a motor vehicle. It serves as proof of ownership and receipt for payment for a buyer. Similarly, a seller requires preparing this instrument to declare the transfer of the ownership of the vehicle.