Table of Contents
Illinois Bill of Sale of Personal Property is a legal instrument intended to record a sale of a personal property. However, use this form only when the personal property is sold with a warranty. The seller affirms that the property described in the bill of sale is free from encumbrances, liens, security agreements, demands, claims, and charges. In addition, you can use this form in any of the counties of Illinois State to document a transaction. However, you need to write the name of the county in the form.
What You Need To Know As A Seller Before Proceeding
- Bill of sale is irrevocable legal instrument.
- You may use this form for various types of transaction involving a sale for cash or trade. However, make sure to describe the personal property in detail.
- The form must comprise date and amount of sale.
- Give a duly signed and notarized copy of the form to the purchaser.
- The form requires attestation of signatures from a witness and a notary public of Illinois State.
A bill of sale serves numerous purposes for a seller and buyer. Therefore, some prominent advantages of preparing a bill of sale are
- It is a proof of ownership for the buyer.
- The buyer can use this document as a receipt of payment made to the seller.
- A bill of sale is imperative document for computation of taxes for the buyer.
- This form declares the transfer of ownership of the personal property from the seller to the buyer.
How To Write: Illinois Bill of Sale of Personal Property
Furnish requested information in the bill of sale form. In addition, you may choose to add fields to this form to meet sale-specific requirements. Following steps show how to write this legal instrument accurately.
- Commence by entering the name of the county of the Illinois state.
- Then enter the name of the seller and continue by providing a physical address.
- Write the final amount of the sale in words and figure.
- You need to write buyer’s full name and physical address on the next lines.
- Then enter the address and name of the county where the personal property is located.
- You need to describe the property in detail to identify and distinguish properly.
- Enter the date of the sale.
- Enter print name and sign on the form before a witness and a notary public.
- Obtain witness signature in acknowledgment.
- Obtain notary attestation in the desired format.
Free Illinois Bill of Sale of Personal Property - PDF Download
Illinois Bill of Sale of Personal Property is a legal instrument prepared between a seller and a buyer of a personal property. This form has a clause to offer a warranty on the personal property. A seller can use this form in all counties of Illinois State. In addition, the seller may amend the form to add more fields to meet custom requirements or additional terms and conditions.