Table of Contents
A seller of a watercraft, boat, or vessel requires preparing and delivering Kansas Watercraft or Boat Bill of Sale Form to the buyer. However, please refer to KDWPT statutes, Chapter 3, Article 115-08-07 through 115-30-13 to know more about the legal and statutory requirements for carrying out such a transaction in Kansas State. In addition, you need to refer to the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism Regulations for using the boat in Kansas waters.
A seller of a watercraft may apply for a prorated tax benefit. However, the seller then requires informing about the sale to the county appraiser in that case. Please remember that a duly prepared bill of sale must comprise
- Seller’s name, address, and contact information
- Buyer’s name, address, and contact information
- Detailed description of the boat, motor, and trailer
- Date of the sale / purchase and delivery
- Itemized breakup of final purchase price for boat, motor, and trailer
- Seller’s signature
- Buyer’s signature
However, remember that both parties enter into a legal and irrevocable contract after signing and executing the bill of sale. Therefore, prepare it in its entirety. In addition, it is suitable that both signing parties prepare it together for the accuracy of the information. Notarization of signatures on the form is not necessary unless any of the party insists.
How To Write: Kansas Watercraft or Boat Bill of Sale Form
Download the bill of sale form. Use interactive menu to enter the requested information and print the form. Similarly, you can write the particulars in ink. However, do not forget to sign the form once prepared in its entirety. Follow these steps to continue.
- Write seller’s name
- Enter seller’s address
- Then write seller’s home, work, and cell phone number
- Write buyer’s name
- Enter buyer’s address
- Then write buyer’s home, work, and cell phone number
- Enter the particulars of the boat like year of manufacturing, make, length, hull ID, and registration number
- Then enter information about the motor like make and the motor capacity in horsepower
- Continue by writing the particulars of the trailer like the year of manufacturing, make, length in feet, VIN, and number of axles on the respective lines.
- Write the date of sale
- Then enter the final purchase price for boat, motor, and the trailer on separate lines
- The buyer must date and sign the form
- The seller must date and sign the form
Free Kansas Watercraft or Boat Bill of Sale Form - PDF Download
Prepare Kansas Watercraft or Boat Bill of Sale Form according to the regulations described in KDWPT statutes, Chapter 3, Article 115-08-07 through 115-30-13 and Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism Regulations. The seller must mention detailed information about the boat, motor, trailer, transaction, and the buyer in the bill of sale. In addition, ensure that both parties sign the form. However, notarization of the signatures is not compulsory.