Table of Contents
You need to obtain a duly filled and signed Boat and Trailer Bill of Sale Form while purchasing a boat and trailer in any of the states of the United States. This generic form is suitable for all states. However, you may look for any state specific bill of sale form if any. Therefore, make sure to use this form when you buy a boat and a trailer together. Otherwise, you may need to use a separate bill of sale for boat or trailer respectively. The seller requires preparing this document and handing over to the buyer.
This bill of sale must comprise
- Name, address, and contact number of seller
- Name, address, and contact number of buyer
- Detailed description of the boat
- Detailed description of the trailer
- Date of the sale of the boat and trailer
- Sale amount for the boat
- Sale amount for the trailer
- Total purchase price for the boat and trailer
- Signature of seller
- Signature of buyer
Preparing the form is simple. However, make sure that both parties come together and prepare the form for accuracy. The seller requires handing over the original copy to the buyer and keeping a copy as well for the record. Therefore, please remember that the seller and buyer undertake to provide truthful information in this form under penalties of perjury.
How To Write: Boat And Trailer Bill of Sale Form
- Commence by entering the actual date of the sale of the boat and the trailer
- Then provide information about the seller like print name, address, and phone number
- Provide information about the buyer like print name, address, and phone number
- Continue by specifying the description of the boat. Then you need to provide the make, year of the manufacturing, model, hull identification number, and title number of the boat.
- Then provide the description of the trailer on the next line. Declare the make, year of the manufacturing, empty weight, identification number, and license plate number of the trailer.
- However, you need to provide price for the boat and trailer separately. Then enter the total sale price for the boat and trailer.
- The seller must date and sign the form.
- The buyer must date and sign the form.
Free Boat And Trailer Bill of Sale Form - PDF Download
Use Boat And Trailer Bill of Sale Form only when you buy or sell a boat and a trailer together. You as a seller require preparing the form and hand over a copy to the buyer. However, do not use this bill of sale form in case you are not buying a boat and trailer together. You do not need notary acknowledgment of the signatures on the form unless the buyer insists the same. However, please remember that this document is irrevocable once signed and executed.