Table of Contents
Georgia Vehicle Bill of Sale or form T-7 is compliant with the Title 40 of the Official Code of Georgia, Annotated. It serves as an important legal instrument to record a sale or purchase of a motor vehicle for cash or trade. You can use this form during a court-ordered sale. However, you need to mention the case number on the form and attach the court order in the bill of sale.
What You Need To Know Prior To Proceeding As A Seller
You need three documents to proceed with the sale of a motor vehicle in Georgia State.
- Title of the vehicle reflecting your name on it
- A duly prepared bill of sale comprising description, date, and cost of vehicle, information about buyer and seller
- Buyer’s statement to agreement to purchase
Georgia Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicle Division offers Form T-7 or the bill of sale of a motor vehicle with due consideration of all essentials. Therefore, download, print, and use this form while selling a motor vehicle in any of the counties of Georgia State. In addition, you can issue a limited power of attorney to a family member to sell a motor vehicle on your behalf.
How To Write: Georgia Vehicle Bill of Sale
A seller or authorized transferor can prepare this bill of sale. Following steps show how to write form T-7 accurately.
- Begin by entering the date of sale / transfer in the required format.
- Then enter the full legal name of the seller or transferor on the next line.
- Continue by entering the address of the seller or transferor.
- Enter court order case number if any and Georgia tax ID number on the respective lines.
- Then write description of the vehicle like year of manufacturing, make, and vehicle identification number.
- Enter purchaser or transferee’s name and address on the respective lines.
- Write lien holder’s name and address on the next line if any.
- Enter odometer reading and select the appropriate option from the next portion of the form.
- Write particulars about point 1 through 8 in case the motor vehicle bought outside Georgia State or bought under a court order.
- The purchaser needs to sign after entering print name.
- The seller needs to sign after entering print name.
- Enter seller’s sales tax number if applicable.
Free Georgia Vehicle Bill of Sale - PDF Download
Prepare Georgia Vehicle Bill of Sale in line with the directions specified in the Title 40 of the Official Code of Georgia, Annotated. This document or form T-7 is an irrevocable legal instrument binding on both signing parties. Therefore, do not forget to mention information about vehicle, buyer, purchaser, sale price, and date. Prepare two signed copies and give one copy to the buyer.