Table of Contents
Delaware law requires a seller to file a Delaware Vehicle Bill of Sale Vehicle Transfer Notification immediately with the DMV after a sale of a motor vehicle. The law further states that all types of automobiles including yet not limiting to motor vehicles, trailers, truck tractors, mopeds, motorcycles, house trailers, and mobile homes require registration and title transfer. The vehicle owner must possess liability insurance card while driving the vehicle. In addition, the seller requires filing report of sale with the DMV. However, this form must comprise buyer’s information as well.
Furthermore, the seller requires submitting a report of sale and the registration card to the office of the DMV. However, this does not apply to a vehicle sold to a dealer. The seller requires giving the registration card to the dealer and submit the report of sale to the DMV in that case. Moreover, make sure that you submit original documents to the office of the DMV, as they do not accept photocopies.
How To Write: Delaware Vehicle Bill of Sale Vehicle Transfer Notification
Download the form, print, and prepare it with utmost accuracy. Do not omit or strike out. The seller must sign the form in ink. However, verify the information before submitting the original copy to the DMV. Complete these steps to prepare this document in its entirety.
- Write the seller’s name on the first line. This name must appear exactly as it appears on the title.
- Enter the make of the motor vehicle to the next line.
- Then specify the model of the vehicle.
- You need to write the year of manufacturing on the next line.
- Enter vehicle identification number or VIN accurately.
- Then write the TAG number on the next line.
- The next section requires providing information about the buyer. Begin by writing the name of the buyer.
- Continue by entering detailed address of the buyer including zip code in Delaware State. Please do not write the PO Box address in this portion of the form.
- Then enter the date of sale on the next line.
- The seller requires writing the total and final sale price in US dollars.
- Then the seller must date and sign the form in ink.
Free Delaware Vehicle Bill of Sale Vehicle Transfer Notification - PDF Download
Delaware Vehicle Bill of Sale Vehicle Transfer Notification is an important document for a seller of a motor vehicle in the Delaware State. The seller requires filing it to DMV along with the registration card. However, please submit original copies only. The seller requires furnishing accurate and detailed information about the transaction, vehicle, and the buyer in this form. Please keep a copy of the duly signed form for your record.