Table of Contents
Refer to the Title 4, Animals of the Official Code of Georgia, Annotated for provisions related to making a Georgia Equine Bill of Sale. This instrument documents a sale / purchase transaction between two parties. The state law of the Georgia governs the instrument. However, any clause in the bill of sale that is in conflict with Laws of Georgia cancels automatically. In addition, please remember that this document is irrevocable once signed and delivered. Therefore, prepare it with the utmost care. In fact, it is a good idea that both parties prepare it together.
Furthermore, the seller needs to certify that the equine has undergone the Coggins test and the results are negative. Therefore, make sure to mention the date of conducting the test and attach a copy of the test report along with the bill of sale.
Important Considerations For Both Parties
- Describe the horse accurately and in detail.
- Buyer and seller must provide complete information including address and sign the form.
- Two neutral witnesses must acknowledge signatures on the form.
- Mention the sale date and price on the bill of sale.
- The seller sells the horse in as is condition without any warranty of whatsoever manner.
- The buyer needs to carry out a thorough pre-purchase examination of the horse from a licensed veterinarian.
How To Write: Georgia Equine Bill of Sale
Download the form, furnish requested information, verify the content, print prepared form, and sign before witnesses. Follow these simple steps to prepare the bill of sale for a horse in Georgia State accurately.
- Begin by entering the final sale amount in US dollars.
- Then enter the seller’s name and address on the respective lines.
- Continue by entering buyer’s name and address.
- The seller requires providing particulars of the equine like name, breed, date of the birth, color, gender, registration number, and identification marks. In addition, provide name and registration number of the sire and dam on the respective lines.
- Then enter the date of conducting the Coggins test on the next line.
- Write the date of sale or preparing and delivering the bill of sale in the required format.
- The seller and the buyer must sign the form before the witnesses.
- Two witnesses must date and sign in acknowledgment.
Free Georgia Equine Bill of Sale - PDF Download
Georgia Equine Bill of Sale is pursuant to Title 4, Animals of the Official Code of Georgia, Annotated. This legal instrument records a sale / purchase transaction between two parties. Therefore, it must contain information about the equine, seller, buyer, and the date and amount of the sale as well. Prepare it in duplicate and give a signed copy to the buyer.