Table of Contents
Preparing Alaska Motor Vehicle Notice of Transfer Pending is necessary for the seller to release from the liability of a vehicle ownership after it is sold to a buyer. However, the seller must prepare this form 820 and submit a copy of the same to DMV, Alaska immediately after the sale. Please prepare this form in duplicate and keep a copy for your reference.
As a buyer, you may want a bill of sale in addition to preparing this transfer pending notice. Moreover, such bill of sale proves your ownership although you do not need it during the registration or title transfer. However, make sure to include following in the bill of sale.
- Vehicle serial number
- Names of the seller and buyer
- Date of sale
- Amount of sale
- Signatures of the seller and buyer
Therefore, please remember while preparing form 820 or notice of pending transfer that all owners or one of the owners requires releasing the title depending upon the wording used in the name of the form. Therefore, look for AND or OR in the face of the title, to understand the requirement of DMV, Alaska.
How To Write: Alaska Motor Vehicle Notice Of Transfer Pending
You need to prepare form 820 in duplicate and submit the first copy to
State Of Alaska
Division of Motor Vehicles,
Po Box 229,
In addition, follow these simple steps to prepare this notice accurately.
- Enter the license plate number
- Provide VIN or serial number of the vehicle
- Specify vehicle make
- Then provide year of the manufacturing
- Specify information about the seller like name and detailed address
- Enter the date of endorsing and transferring the title to the buyer
- Then provide information about the buyer like name and detailed address
- However, the seller must date and sign the notice of pending transfer with the ink
- Fill in the similar information in the second part of the form to complete preparing it
Free Alaska Motor Vehicle Notice Of Transfer Pending - PDF Download
Alaska Motor Vehicle Notice of Transfer Pending is an important document for a seller and buyer of a motor vehicle. The seller releases the liability of the vehicle ownership by assigning it to the buyer. However, make sure to send a copy of this form 820 to DMV, Alaska immediately. Prepare this form in duplicate and retain a copy for the record. The seller must sign the form; however, notarization of seller’s signature on the form is not necessary.