Table of Contents
Preparing Aircraft Bill of Sale is necessary to establish a legal transfer of ownership of an aircraft from the seller to the buyer. Use this form to record all necessary particulars of the transaction. Send duly filled form to
FAA Aircraft Registration Branch,
P.O. Box 25504,
However, remember following while preparing this bill of sale form for an aircraft.
- Prepare this form in duplicate
- You must type or print information requested in the form and sign with ink
- Name of the purchaser must match with the name of the applicant as it displays on AC Form 8050-1, the Aircraft Registration Application
- Mention names of owners or co-owners in case you use trade name to buy the aircraft
You must register your newly bought aircraft according to the Title 49 U.S.C. 44101. Part 47 of the Federal Aviation Regulations had detailed information on the acceptable documents to establish the proof of ownership of the aircraft during the registration of the same.
How To Prepare: Aircraft Bill Of Sale
This bill of sale form requires input from buyer and seller as well as particulars of the aircraft. Therefore, provide specific information in the requested fields.
For The Aircraft
- Enter amount of the sale in the first box on the top of the form.
- Then mention the registration number of the aircraft in the next box.
- Continue by providing the name of the aircraft manufacturer and model number of the aircraft as well.
- Provide serial number of the aircraft.
- Then provide the date of sale of the aircraft in the next box.
For The Purchaser
- Enter legal name and address of the purchaser. However, avoid mentioning PO Box addresses. In addition, the name of the purchaser must match with the name of the applicant as defined in the Aircraft Registration Application titled AC Form 8050-1.
- Specify last, first, and middle name for an individual purchaser. Additionally, specify the name of the owner or co-owners separately in case the purchaser is an organization.
- Enter dealer certificate number in the next box.
For The Seller
- Enter sellers typed or printed name in the first box in this section.
- Specify the title of the seller.
- Then sign after the name in ink.
- All owners must specify their names and sign in the case of co-ownership of the aircraft.
- Acquire acknowledgment if necessary to comply with the local law.
Free Aircraft Bill Of Sale Form - PDF Download
Aircraft Bill of Sale is a legal instrument required to establish the rightful ownership of an aircraft after the sale of the same. In addition, filing this document is necessary during the registration of the aircraft as specified in the Part 47 of the Federal Aviation Regulations. Do not forget to type or print the form in duplicate and sign in ink in original on both copies.