Table of Contents
Department of Wildlife and Fisheries offers the legal template of the Louisiana Boat Bill of Sale Form to facilitate a sale of a boat / vessel in the Louisiana State. However, remember to record the transaction in the desired manner by signing before a notary public of the state. Both, the seller and the buyer must appear in person before the notary to sign form. This applies to all sellers or buyers in the case of a co-ownership of the boat. The buyer or the new owner of the boat must register it with the office of the Regional Wildlife and Fisheries in your county. Moreover, preparing the document is simple; however, remember
- The seller must prepare it along with the buyer.
- The document must contain transaction information like date and amount of the sale, particulars of the seller and the buyer.
- Obtain notary attestation for the signatures on the form.
- Give one copy of the duly prepared, signed, and notarized copy of the form to the buyer. Further, the buyer requires filing it with the Regional Wildlife and Fisheries during the registration of the boat / vessel.
Moreover, remember that this legal instrument is irrevocable. You need to prepare it carefully and accurately. You can download the form and print it to enter requested information. Take the form to a notary public of the Louisiana State for signature attestation. Further, notary attestation of the signatures is mandatory.
How To Write: Louisiana Boat Bill of Sale Form
Following steps show you how to make this document in requirements of the law.
- Begin by entering the name of the parish on the first line of the form.
- Then write the seller’s name on the next line.
- Continue by writing the buyer’s name.
- Write the registration number of the boat / vessel. You need to write this number only if the boat is registered and it carries a registration number.
- Write the model year on the next line.
- Continue by entering the name of the manufacturer and the make of the boat / vessel.
- You need to write the HIN or hull identification number on the next line. Similarly, write the serial number of the motor.
- Then enter sale price of the boat and the motor separately.
- Continue by writing the date of the sale.
- Then write the date of preparing, executing, and delivering the bill of sale.
- The seller must sign before a notary public.
- The buyer must sign before a notary public.
- Obtain notary attestation to complete preparing bill of sale.
Free Louisiana Boat Bill of Sale Form - PDF Download
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries mandates preparing a Louisiana Boat Bill of Sale Form during the sale / purchase transaction. The new owner or the buyer requires a duly signed and notarized bill of sale during the registration of the boat. In addition, the buyer needs to contact the county office of the Regional Wildlife and Fisheries for the registration of the boat.