Table of Contents
Use form TR-52LR to request to issue TR-52L or the Michigan Abandoned Vehicle Bill of Sale. Further, the Michigan Department of State has an authority to issue such a bill of sale for an abandoned vehicle in case the police department fails to issue the same. Moreover, following parties can request issuance of this document.
- A Towing Company
- Custodian of the abandoned motor vehicle
- A police agency designee
However, remember that
- The vehicle must be listed as abandoned in the LEIN or the Law Enforcement Information Network.
- You must submit the request after 25 days of publication of the notice of the abandonment. However, any request submitted before the 25 days of publishing the notice of the abandonment is dismissed automatically.
- The applicant must date and sign the application before submitting
- Typically, the Michigan Department of State requires ten business days to process the request.
- You require duly prepared form TR-208 or the Certificate of the Scrapping in case you plan to dispose of the abandoned motor vehicle immediately. Further, disposal of a vehicle means sending it to a scrap yard.
In addition, make sure to complete the form in its entirety. Therefore, avoid omissions and strikeouts. Likewise, submit duly completed and signed form to
Michigan Department of State
Abandoned Vehicle Unit
7064 Crowner Drive
Lansing, MI 48918
Fax: (517) 322-3928
Moreover, you can send the form by post, submit in person, or send the fax on the above number.
How To Write: Michigan Abandoned Vehicle Bill of Sale
This bill of sale is a simple one-page form requiring your attention to details while preparing it. Likewise, a representative of a towing company, a custodian of an abandoned vehicle, or a police agency designee can prepare this form and submit it to the Abandoned Vehicle Unit of Michigan Department of State. Further, complete following steps to proceed.
- Begin by entering the information about the abandoned motor vehicle like the year of manufacturing, make, VIN, model, style of the body, state name and plate number, expiry year for the plate, date of vehicle custody in the requested fields.
- Then, write the information about the towing company, custodian, or the police agency designee like name, address, phone number, and the reason for requesting the TR-52L.
- Continue by writing the information about the law enforcement agency like name, address, and phone number.
- Select if the abandoned vehicle is subject to a public auction or is being released to scrap metal processor.
- Enter print name, date, and sign the form.
Free Michigan Abandoned Vehicle Bill of Sale - PDF Download
A representative of a towing company, a custodian of an abandoned vehicle, or a police agency designee are authorized to submit a request for form TR-52L or the Michigan Abandoned Vehicle Bill of Sale by preparing and submitting the form TR-52LR to the Michigan Department of State. Moreover, send the form by mail or fax. Typically, the Michigan Department of State requires ten business days to process the application.